Mr. Vernon Fryer
Vernon is the Chief Information Security Officer at NEC/XON.
Coming from an IBM background where he worked as an Operation Specialist in the financial sector.
After completion of this corporate career, he joined the South African Police Service. During his career in the Police Service he served in the following roles, Head of Information Security, Head of Cyber Crime for Interpol Southern Africa and was the National Head of the Computer Crime Unit.
Over the past twelve years he was the Vodacom Group Chief Technology Security Officer, where he deployed the largest Cyber Intelligence Centre in Africa. This world class security operations center monitored over 26 countries across Africa with 36 analysts reporting to him.
Vernon has also served on the International Computer Crime Work Group. As a member of this work group he travelled extensively as a consultant, specifically in the USA, Europe, China, Africa and Middle East.
He has been included in the 2008 edition of Who's who in the World.
In addition he is member of good standing with the following bodies:
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (Professional Member)
- Ethics Institute of South Africa (Normal Member)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (Normal Member)
- Institute of Electronic, Electrical Engineering (IEEE) (Professional Member)
- Institute of Professional Engineers (Normal Member)
- Information System Security Association (ISSA) (Normal Member)
- Information Systems Forensic Association (President of South African Chapter)
Tele-Management Forum (Research Member)
American Society for Industrial Security (Normal Member)